I love it when, by God's grace, I actually cooperate with Him and rely on His help to do the "right" thing.
Sometimes doing the "right" thing means choosing between what's "right or wrong." Other times it's deciding between "right or left." Either way, I believe God will always direct us in what HIS will is, through His Word, His Spirit, godly counsel, etc.
What are the benefits of doing the "right" thing?
Some specific times when I did the "right" thing, I -
- gained an unexpected but lifelong friend
- got an excellent Bible college education
- touched a life desperate for hope
- was freed from bitterness
- watched God do the impossible!
It isn't always easy to do the "right" thing. At times I've had to -
- humble myself instead of protesting my innocence
- take advice from that other person
- open my mouth when I was afraid to speak
- forgive though I never received an apology
- stand in faith, believing with God ALL things are possible!
Because of who He is, God will always give us the ability to do everything He asks us to do. And the cherry on top, is that then He blesses us with benefits we can't foresee from doing the "right" thing!
There's never been a single time when I've regretted doing the "right" thing. I guess that's why I love it when God helps me do it! =)
Whether you're facing a decision of "right or wrong" or of "right or left," I hope you'll remember (and you can remind me too) that -
The "Right" thing is always the right thing!
- What do you love about how God works in your life?